VIVA/YRT unveiling of the VIVA bus at the Regional Municipality of York headquarters in Newmarket, Ontario.
May 30, 2005
Summary of the event
On Monday May 30th 2005 a media event was held at the York Region headquarters to unveil a VIVA bus, one of many which will be
utilized along the VIVA rapid transit routes. At the event a Van Hool AG300 (#5203) was brought in for all to see, inspect and
photograph. The bus was well received by those in attendance, and those responsible for the overall design incorporated
into the Van Hool AG300 stood by proud of the work they put into designing the fabrics, paint scheme, etc. Among the
dignitaries inattendance were the Ontario Transportation Minister, the HonourableHarinder Takhar, the National Minister of
Revenue, the Honourable John McCallum and the York Regional Chair and CEO, Bill Fisch; all three delivered fantastic
Van Hool AG 300 specifications
Constructed in Belgium
VIN - YK2UE27B652062612
Overall length - 60.53ft
Width - 102"
Height - 133.85"
Weight - 26,200 k
Engine - Cummins ISM (mounted between the front and middle axles)
Transmission - Voith D864.3
Seating layout for 5203
1) Ontario Transportation Minister, the Honourable Harinder Takhar making a speech.
3) The bellows for the articulation joint with bum bars for standees.
4) A view of 5203's cab.
6) Interior view looking towards the front. of the bus.
7) Interior view looking towards the rear of the bus.
9) This is one of two tables at the rear of the AG300.
July 8, 2005 5:18 PM
© 2004 TransitHub